Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spring Is In The Air

I don't know about y'all, but it's been a long winter. 
This weekend was just what I needed to get out of that cold-weather funk. 
Thursday, I had three tests in three classes...but as soon as they were all over I met up with my sweet best friend, Courtney. We did a little shopping at a local boutique-Swank and had yummy cupcakes at the Mad Hatter. It was perfect. 

Friday evening I headed to Auburn to meet up with my friend Gloria, we went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner and then went to hear one of my favorite bands, The Lacs, at Bourbon Street Bar. It  was such a great night!



I would've rather had been with Christopher-but he was selling chickens both Thursday and Friday. We made up for it on Saturday with dinner with our friends Paige and Kane and then grocery shopping. We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants-Outback-and found out that the 24th was their last day open. So sad! We loved that place!

Sunday afternoon (today) was perfect. The weather was amazing and it definitely gave me spring fever. 
We started our day off with church, then hung out around the house for a while.
Then we decided to check out my dad's new purchase...
He bought the poultry farm across the road from our property now..
Lazy B Farm!

It's been my dad's dream for a while and I'm so proud of all that he's done in preparation for this. This is such a great addition to everything that he has worked so hard for!
((I guess this blog could almost be Confessions of a Farmers Daughter!))

The property is gorgeous, I can definitely envision some summer days and summer nights here in the future. 

Chris and I went to explore it today with my parents and our dogs, Bullet and Jake. It was such a fun afternoon. 


You can tell the boys loved it!

These guys loved it too ;)

I even got dad and mom to pose for a couple of pictures. 

It was such a wonderful afternoon, I was so glad to be able to spend it with this sweet boy. I wouldn't rather have anyone else by my side. 


Here's to a full week of school-I have a big test in my Age of Cold War class as well as my English Competency Exam (which decides whether I'll be able to graduate from JSU eventually or not), prayers would be appreciated! 

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

-jordyn 




No comments:

Post a Comment