Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Beachin'

Christopher and I have been back from the beach a little over a week now and I have to say that I think it's about time that we go back again! This was our first official beach vacation for just the two of us & it was perfect in every single way. Our trip was the 24-28th of May. 


We stayed at the Origin at Seahaven, which is actually across the road from the beach...which is somewhere I said I would NEVER stay. But it was so nice & so much cheaper! It was right across the street from Sharky's & we had private beach access. 


Although Chris wasn't smiling in this picture...we actually had a great time hanging out on the beach for the three days we spent on the coast. We rented a set of chairs and an umbrella which is my advice to anyone that is going. It's so much easier than carrying all your junk down to the beach! All we had to carry was my beach bag and Chris' Yeti. 


It was a little sea-weedy, but still beautiful!


The best part of this trip was the fact that my Rep koozie came in right before we had to leave! I'm obsessed with how cute they are & I'm so proud to show it off because it's true...only the best get the bow! 


The second best thing about this trip is that at the beach, Chris dresses up! Who wouldn't love a guy dressed in white shorts, a seersucker shirt, and camel leather slip-ons. =)

We ate at a ton of really good places, even venturing out of our comfort zone into St. Andrew's Bay. The two best places we found there were The Captain's Table and Uncle Ernie's. Not to mention that there was the cutest little antique store that I had to go into and pick a few things out. We also walked around the docks, it was so fun to see a new side of the beach that I had never experienced before. 


After dinner on our last night we went out to the pier for sunset and it was incredibly beautiful. 



We actually ended up seeing some locals that had been fishing off the pier, fish a terrapin all the way up to the shore. Apparently you aren't allowed to pull them out of the water, so you have to beach it. 

Chris and I ended up getting to know the group of people fishing the terrapin and we learned a lot about it, including the fact that apparently they aren't good to eat, so they are only a trophy fish (hence why you aren't allowed to pull them out of the water). 




It was huge! It took two grown men to pick it up for pictures!


Chris got to hold the rod while they ran down to the beach to take pictures, he was pretty proud of himself! 


It was an amazing trip and I'm so thankful to all of the people that made it possible for us to get away for just a few days! 

Until next time...

xoxo, jordyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment