Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summer 2014

This summer flew past, literally...I have no idea where it went!
It seems like just last week I was taking finals & celebrating the end of my third year of school & here it is, the day that I begin my senior year of college & my first day of the Education program at Jacksonville State. 

This summer I learned more than I ever thought I would have. 

I spent mornings with Chris learning how to work calves...and learning how to wake up before sunrise. 






I learned how to put up vegetables and can pickles for the winter, I even learned how to make tomato juice so that we'll be able to have fresh tomato soup in the chilly winter months. 
But I have to say, my biggest accomplishment was learning how to use all the beef we have in the freezer...it's harder than you would think!

One of the best things I received this summer was...


my sweet new gelding, Wrangler. He's been such a good teacher for me this summer and I couldn't be the equestrian that I am today without his attitude, because I've had to overcome a lot with him. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Since I got Wrangler this summer, I did a lot of trail-riding with my friend Tess. 



It was so nice to have someone to ride with this summer & I see so much of myself in her, so it's just fun!

I also turned twenty-one this summer & I was so lucky to be able to celebrate with my family & my best friends. I don't know about y'all, but I'm content with my birthday situation now & I don't have to have anymore ;)




I guess my favorite thing that I did this summer would be my trip to the beach with Christopher. We went to Panama City Beach, Florida and had a complete blast. It was so nice to get away & just be able to spend some time with each other & not have to worry about anyone else but us. 




Also, my sweet Daddy turned sixty this summer & we had a really fun surprise party for him & invited a lot of his old friends & current friends. 





My sweet friend Courtney & her boyfriend Kaleb came to visit and Christopher & I took them up to Cheaha to Bald Rock. It's always fun to show people that aren't from around here the beautiful views that Clay County has to offer. 



And to close our summer out, Christopher & I went to see Whitney & Brian Anderson get married. 
Casey & Brett went with us and we had such a great time. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was so much fun, and we had an awesome time getting to see old friends that we hadn't seen in a while. 





Overall, the memories were amazing & I'm so thankful for this summer. It was a great opportunity to recharge & relax a little bit. Plus, I had a wonderful time making wonderful memories. 

Here's to the nights.

Thanks for reading, y'all & I can't wait to share with y'all what the Fall semester has in store for me!

-Jordyn


No comments:

Post a Comment