Saturday, December 28, 2013

Farm Life Doesn't Stop For Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year-it's also the most busy time of the year!

Since the last time I've blogged, a lot of things have happened. 
Chris and I have added two new additions to our "family". 
Everyone, meet Christopher's Border Collie-Jake and my Labrador Mix-Bullet. 



Needless to say, they're pretty handsome guys. We rescued them from the Randolph County Animal Shelter and they seem to be pretty happy as farm dogs. 

I've spent a lot of time hanging out at Upchurch Farm this week, Chris has been getting ready for chickens and my daddy's company, Laid Back Farm (chicken house clean-outs and sawdust sales) has been cleaning out Chris' chicken houses and so it's been nice having both of my favorite men in the same place. 

I've spent time bringing them lunch which turned out like this..



And I the dogs were like this...

But in all seriousness, I've really enjoyed getting to help Christopher spread sawdust...


Farm life doesn't stop just because it's a holiday, but thank goodness both Christopher and his dad, Mr. Larry were out of chickens so everyone got to relax a little bit on Christmas. 

On the morning of the 25th, I got up bright and early. I even saw the sunrise, y'all. And I usually only see the sunrise if I stay up really late. 


I headed to Christopher's and when I got there, I saw that "Santa" had visited me there too!

Chris and I opened our stockings and he let me open my presents from him. Y'all, he did a wonderful job, I owe a huge thanks to all of his little "elves" that helped him out with his shopping while he was so busy working!
One of my favorite presents from Christopher was a Pandora bracelet...

The Christmas tree stands for our first Christmas together, the boot is for him (& for the pair of boots he bought me for our 6 month anniversary), and the horse is for me (& for Belle, the baby we rescued & Gypsy, the horse we bought together). 
It's such a thoughtful present and it's precious because he can add to it and really make it about our life story. 

After we finished Christmas at his house, we headed to his parents house for breakfast and presents with them. I have really been blessed by meeting and becoming so close to the Upchurch family, they are all so welcoming and I really felt like a part of them during this holiday season. 

We then headed to Christmas with my parents, which was a ton of fun, I can already see us making memories and traditions that will last a lifetime. 


Merry Christmas from us! 

After we finished opening presents, I was super exhausted. 
Chris and daddy were talking, and well...you can see how I was feeling. 
But aren't we so precious??

We finished our day with a trip to Birmingham to see Trystan, Adam, Dexter, and Lola. Although I didn't get any pictures from that Christmas get-together, it was really nice. It's always so fun to see the kiddos rip into their presents and then catch up with my sister and brother-in-law. 

My Christmas blessings really overflowed, I feel like I got everything I asked for and more from my sweet family. My parents are the best ones I could ask for. The majority of my gifts came from Marley LillySouthernly StatedThe Fraternity CollectionJ.R. Crider's, and 



Friday night we actually finished our final family Christmas. We celebrated with my Grandma, Grandpa Claude, Gran, Trystan & her bunch, Chris, and my immediate family. It was such a fun night and we really enjoyed seeing each other again and getting to watch the kiddos. 

Dexter was having a blast with Grandpa Claude. 

And well, you know what these two were doing...


Gotta love them anyway!

I have been one blessed girl this Christmas season. Not only do I have such a giving Mama and Daddy that have worked so hard to give me all of my wants and needs, I have two sisters who are so precious to me, my brother-in-law is awesome, and my niece and nephew are so adorable. Not to mention my handsome, sweet boyfriend who makes me feel loved every single day and his family who have welcomed me with open arms. I don't deserve all of these blessings, but I am so thankful.

Just to finish, I'll leave you with a picture of our precious new babies. If you're considering getting a new dog, go and rescue one. Rescued is our new favorite breed!


Merry Christmas y'all & Happy New Year! 

-Jordyn 




No comments:

Post a Comment