Monday, December 16, 2013

Just Another Day in Paradise

  Days like today are my absolute favorite. 
I woke up early this morning and as soon as I got ready I had to make a trip to Oxford to pick up stuff from Snead Ag for Chris because he had to change the oil in his tractor (exciting right?)
When I got back though, I got to ride on the tractor with him. 
This was my solid attempt at making a serious farmer face. 

We were riding down the road when I realized...the hay spear on the front of the tractor looks JUST LIKE a unicorn horn...no joke. Look.
I told you, I wasn't joking.

Anyways. So we rode the tractor to get some equipment and he even attempted to explain to me how to drive the tractor. That's still over my head, but hey-he says that's a step up from the manual four-wheeler and a step down from learning to drive his Toyota that's a stick shift, so I'm getting there slowly!

When we got done on the tractor, Pokey (who works for my dad's company) was dropping off a load of saw dust, because Laid Back is cleaning out Christopher's chicken houses next week. I was lucky enough to snap some pictures when Christopher wasn't paying that much attention. Who ever thought Daddy would be lucky enough to score a model like that? (I'm dying laughing right now, Chris is probably going to be so embarrassed...it's a good thing he loves me so much).

Gotta love when my daddy and my sweet boyfriend can work together. =)

I finally left Christopher to get his work done after that, he's got a really busy week selling chickens but hopefully he'll get to relax a little bit during his out time, since it's going to include Christmas and New Years. 

My sweet horses were all gathered around the fence looking for me when I got home, so I just had to go say hi. 
Velvet, Belle, Vixen, Gypsy, and even Paint were all there. 

Vixen was the first to the fence to greet me.

Then Belle, who is the baby and automatically hogs all the attention, placed her face directly in the camera lens. 
She's such a cutie, who could even be upset about that?

And of course, who can forget my sweet Gypsy-she's actually technically Chris's...but she loves me the most ;) 

I taught her to bow today! I was pretty proud of myself and her, of course. American Paint's are such smart horses. I really can't say enough about this breed. If you're considering getting a horse, Paint's are my recommendation. They're so smart, easy-going, and lovable!

I finished up my afternoon with some crafting in preparation for Christmas and I took some photos of the things I'm making, but I definitely want to wait until after those gifts have been given to share them. I will tell you, I'll be explaining how I DIY'd both projects, so look forward to that!

Until next time...thanks, y'all. 

-Jordyn






No comments:

Post a Comment