Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finally December & Finals Week

I cannot believe that it's already December!
Really though, where has this year gone?
 
Things have been busy around here lately and I see no signs of things slowing up any time soon.
 
Christopher's chicken houses and breeding season with the cows have been keeping him working late every night, but I don't mind because this is my first experience with all of this and I really enjoy seeing all of these new things and learning about another part of the farming industry.
 
Tuesday I had my first final of the semester and I felt pretty confident about it. Since I finished so early (it was an 8 AM final...which was awful by the way), I decided to work on my Christmas shopping list. I can proudly say that I am almost done with all of my shopping, including birthday shopping for my sweet friend Courtney's 21st birthday.
 
This really is the most wonderful time of the year, I love seeing all of the lights and hearing people call out Merry Christmas when you're walking in and out of stores. I even enjoy the clanging of the bells that are constantly in front of Wal-Mart and Winn-Dixie. That really reminds you of what the season is really about. It's not about the presents or the food or even the decorations. It's all about sharing love with those around you and helping those that are less fortunate than yourself.
 
Did you know that some areas of the United States are almost as poor as some third world countries?My parent's church does this awesome thing where they take up a toy-donation for the children in the hills of Kentucky, a place that seems to be so neglected by the rest of the world that some of the children there wouldn't even have a Christmas without the help of some special missionaries that Amazing Grace supports. My sister, Julie and myself were able to go pick out several toys for young boys and girls to send with the missionaries. It was so much fun for us to be able to get into the Christmas spirit picking out toys that we thought those kids would love, knowing that we were giving them the gift that they normally would not have...the gift of knowing that someone out there loves them and wants to help them.
 
As far as the rest of the month goes, I have three more finals to take-one is online and the other two are tomorrow. I'm so excited to have a month off from school, especially around Christmas time. I'm so ready to spend more time on the farm with Christopher and more time with my sweet family.
 
Last night, when Christopher got home from working cows and chickens, we ate a quick dinner and he "rested" (aka, slept on the couch) while I decorated our first Christmas tree.
I think it turned out pretty well..what do you think?
 
We also got our first Christmas ornament on Thursday, I think it turned out great, I love the look on the reindeer faces, it looks just like Christopher and myself!
 
 
I'm so thankful for everything that I've been given, not only during the Christmas season, but all year long. God has really blessed me beyond belief.
Hopefully those blessings will roll over into finals week! I know some of y'all are studying really hard for those last weeks of school, so I'll leave y'all with something hilarious that I saw on Pinterest today.
 
The Finals Prayer
Now I lay me down to study, I pray to the Lord I won't go nutty.
And if I fail to learn this junk, I pray to the Lord that I do not flunk.
And if I die, don't bury me y'all-just lay my bones down in the study hall.
Pile my books upon my chest, tell my professors I did my best.
So now lay me down to rest, and pray I pass tomorrows test.
And if I die before I wake, that's one less test I'll have to take.
 
 
In all seriousness, good luck to everyone on their finals and good luck with all of the Christmas shopping and decorating and cooking that is yet to come!
Early, Merry Christmas!
 
thanks for stopping by -Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment