Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What Break...?

During the past few days since my Christmas break has began, I feel as if I've had no "break", but not in a bad way! I love all of the things that I've been involved in. Chris has been working really hard lately, so I've been taking learning to a new level; just today I helped with the cattle work and Chris even finally taught me how to drive a manual four-wheeler. It's pretty exciting, considering I'm twenty years old and I never learned before. Working with Christopher and Mr. Larry today made me realize how much I really loved getting out there on the farm and getting my hands (and my new rain boots!) dirty. 

Saturday, we attended the Next Step Cattle Company's bull sale and I have to admit...maybe I was kinda bored, mostly because it was cold and wet outside while the guys slopped through the mud in the pens to check out the bulls again, but when we finally got inside to the sale, it was really exciting. What was really exciting was the fact that we came home with two new bulls, so I was pretty excited about adding those two new guys. 

When we got back home, Saturday afternoon, Chris had to go finish up some farm stuff, so I settled in at his house to watch the SEC Championship and I must say...I'm proud to be part of the Auburn family. Congratulations to Auburn on not only winning the SEC Championship, but also having the opportunity to head to Pasadena to play for the National Championship and to possibly keep it in the state of Alabama for another year, that's something to be proud of-no matter which team you go for!

I may have not stopped going for the past few days, but I love it more than anything. Friday, I was able to celebrate my best friend Courtney's 21st birthday as well as her lavaliering (her boyfriend, who is a member of the Kappa Alpha Order, gave her his letters, kind of a big deal!). Plus, tonight Christopher and I had a great time celebrating one of my oldest friends (Casey Clark's) 21st birthday. On top of all of that...I found out that I made a B in a math class that I was so stressed over and two A's, two B's, and a C overall for my first semester since I transferred to Jacksonville State University. I know that might not sound like much to y'all, but I'm so proud for how far I've come after a difficult semester. 
We've had so much to be thankful for these past few days!  

I'm sure things aren't going to slow down anytime soon-with Christmas coming up in only just under 14 days, but I'm not complaining at all. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year to celebrate with my family as well as Christopher's, and all of our friends. I'm so thankful for each of you that read my blog-thank you so much for reading and sharing part of my journey with me!

Merry (Early!) Christmas to each of you!
-Jordyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment